While it’s no secret that I lament the passing of summer, fall is definitely my second favorite season. Back in Pennsylvania, this time of year is gorgeous – the smell of crisp air, technicolor leaves, and hayrides galore. Even here in southern California, autumn has arrived, and I’ve even pulled out my boots.
The cooler temperatures always make me think about the many ways to turn my favorite orange gourd – the pumpkin – into a yummy treat. Luckily the internet is ablaze with pumpkin mania.
So pour a cup of hot tea, curl up under a cozy blanket, and get ready to inspire your taste buds with these amazing real food pumpkin recipes from some of my favorite friends.
Savory pumpkin satisfaction
Here are some great ways to enjoy pumpkin in savory main courses and snacks.
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds – A fun treat seasoned with curry spices.
- Crock-pot Pumpkin Risotto – Gluten free and vegetarian.
- Pork and Pumpkin Chili – Paleo and made in the crockpot.
- Pumpkin Hummus – No beans required.
- Paleo Sweet Potato Gratin – Thickened with pumpkin.
- Roasted Butternut Squash – A close cousin of pumpkin, seasoned two ways.
Baked pumpkin goodness
I don’t know about you but in the fall I love a muffin or slice of warm homemade bread at any time of day, not just breakfast. Fresh and hot these baked treats will warm your tummy and soul.
- Pumpkin Roll – Um. Yum.
- Pumpkin Bread – Grain free (or not) with chocolate chips.
- Pumpkin Chia Muffins – Egg-free, gluten free, paleo, dairy free & grain free.
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies – Made with sprouted flour.
- Spiced Cinnamon Raisin Muffins – A paleo take on a classic.
- Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal – Breakfast just got more interesting.
- Pumpkin Sourdough Pancakes – Topped with melting butter and warm maple syrup.
Pumpkin joy in a glass
From rich to refreshing, pumpkin makes delicious drinkable treats!
- – Yes please.
- Pumpkin Smoothie – ‘Pumpkin pie in a cup’ using frozen bananas.
- Orange Juice and Pumpkin Smoothie – Sounds refreshing, right?
- Pumpkin Spice Creamer – Coffee just got cozier.
Sweetness adds so much to the rich flavor of pumpkin. Here are six indulgences you’ll love.
- Pumpkin Ice Cream – A perfect treat after an autumn meal.
- Pumpkin Mousse – Easy to make and allergen free (no eggs or dairy).
- Pumpkin Fudge – Dairy-free and ready in just 3 hours.
- Pumpkin Latte Pie Cups – An unusual paleo delight.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake – I can’t wait to try this one.
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting – Paleo pumpkin-a-licious!
Happy Autumn! Which of these pumpkin recipes will you try first?