For me and my family, August has been the perfect balance of busy industry and hours spent lounging on the beach above. I hope you’re having a perfect end to your summer too!
Oddly enough, school started this year mid-August during a Southern California heat wave -so much for falling autumn leaves and a post-Labor Day chill in the air!
On my son’s first day of kindergarten, I asked, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Clearly expecting him to respond with “space invader,” I was pleasantly surprised to record his answer in the photo below.
My daughter, on her first day at ‘little school’ was so excited that she and her doggie lunch bag couldn’t hold still for a picture. (And no, I didn’t intentionally dress them in these matching outfits!)
More Moments of Loving Life in August:
- Finding the perfect dress shop, Can shopping change the world? Absolutely. – with fun, affordable styles that are designed and made locally, here in Los Angeles.
- Eating oysters with my dear friend Monica of Real Food Devotee while sitting seaside and watching dolphins play in the surf.
- Discovering alternatives to chemically laden, store-bought body lotions – I love these simple recipes for tallow body balm and whipped body butter. Homemade lotion that good enough to eat!
- Discussing babies’ first foods with Facebook friends inspired by Heather Dessinger’s book, Nourished Baby. Here are 3 foods your baby needs but your pediatrician won’t mention.
- Re-discovering the benefits of meal planning to get delicious, Real food on my family’s table while saving lots of money by eating out less and wasting less groceries.
- Publishing my first ebook – The Eczema Cure. I have spent years treating eczema in my practice and researching the most effective methods for treating this troublesome skin condition. I am thrilled be able to present my findings in a format can help people suffering from eczema worldwide.
Just a few favorite posts that I’ve read this month:
- If you’re going to drink coffee (who me?) you may as well do it right! (from Fearless Eating)
- Is your toilet a health hazard? You may be surprised to find out. (from Thank Your Body)
- Got a picky eater? This helpful video from Mama Natural will tell you everything you need to know to get a toddler to eat.
- 10 easy steps to turn any recipe into a real food recipe by Butter Believer. An essential for real food newbies.
Up next in my kitchen:
- Homemade Gummy Stars from Mommypotamus – quick to make and nutrient dense. Now here’s a sweet treat that I won’t cringe to feed my kids!
- This salmon jerky from Gutsy – I love Real food that’s fast food!
- And as the shorter days and cooler nights creep upon us, I am starting to dream of soup season. This kale and white bean soup from Nourished Kitchen is sure to be a fall favorite!
What moments did you love in August?
What are you making in your kitchen now?
This post can be seen at the following blog carnival: Eat Make Grow Thursday. Hop on over to check out some other posts you may enjoy!