While I’m not one for watching the news, I still appreciated this little clip about the differences between British and U.S. birth.
Unlike U.S. Birth Standards, in the U.K….
- Prenatal care is free
- Most women use midwives instead of obstetricians (though Dutchess Kate is using two OB’s!)
- There is more of an emphasis on natural childbirth
- Far less interventions are used
- Epidurals are administered less frequently
- Birth tubs standard at most births
- C-sections rate 1/3 of the U.S. 33% c-section rate (source)