Unlike U.S. Birth Standards, in the U.K….
- Prenatal care is free
- Most women use midwives instead of obstetricians (though Dutchess Kate is using two OB’s!)
- There is more of an emphasis on natural childbirth
- Far less interventions are used
- Epidurals are administered less frequently
- Birth tubs standard at most births
- C-sections rate 1/3 of the U.S. 33% c-section rate (source)
Have you had a baby in the U.S. or U.K.?
What was your experience?
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. These small earnings make it possible for me to continue writing this blog for you. That said, I will never endorse any product or service that I cannot fully support.