Have you made your ginger bug? Today, when you crack the lid, does it whisper an excited sigh that says you can now magically create sodas that are not just delightfully delicious but great health promoters for you and your family? Sodas that do not taste like health food but like….well, soda!
Let’s try an easy one first and later we’ll try more complex tasty creations. Time to have some fun!
Apple ginger soda ingredients
- 1/4 cup ginger bug from previous ginger bug recipe
- 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly juiced ginger (or to taste)
- 3 1/2 cups freshly juiced apple
Apple ginger soda method
In a quart size bottle (old apple cider vinegar bottles are a convenient choice), combine all ingredients. Place a tight lid on the jar and allow it to sit in a warm or room temperature spot in your home. If your home tends to be cool at night, consider getting a Seedling Heat Mat. Just sit the bottle on top of the mat and out of direct sun light. After 1-2 days of fermentation (watch for bubbles rising to the top of the bottle and if you are unsure your bevi is ready, give the lid a slight twist and listen for a gas release), you will have a lovely probiotic rich bevi.
Yield – 1 quart
Want more delicious simplicity in your life?
Even for the most organized families, getting healthy and delicious meals on the table can be such a challenge.
That’s why my hubby and I created Real Plans – our online meal planner that will revolutionize the way you feed your family.
- Stuck in a rut with the same old dinners? Our delicious, home-style recipes are kitchen-tested and family-approved.
- Got special dietary restrictions or tastes? We offer paleo, vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free plans in addition to traditional real food menus. Plus you can add and change recipes to your heart’s content.
- Family of eight or party of one… We’ve got you covered with fully customizable portion sizes.
- Dread grocery shopping? Our dynamic smart phone app makes shopping a breeze.
Plus handy bonuses like…
- A weekly timeline to help you spend the least time possible slaving away in the kitchen.
- Plan ahead options including a month’s recipes in advance, plus a double recipe each week to bank ‘fast food’ in the freezer.
Click here to subscribe to Real Plans now
Traditional, Paleo, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, and Dairy-free plans available
Our 30 day money back guarantee makes Real Plans RISK FREE!
This post was generously contributed by Monica Ford of Real Food Devotee. Monica’s delicious recipes will make your mouth water and your tummy purr. If you’re lucky enough to live in Los Angeles, Real Food Devotee can make your life easier by delivering nutrient dense goodies directly to your door.