Every day, multiple times per day, I am asked, “WHEN are we going to make more popsicles???”
Then when the popsicles have just been popped in the freezer, “Are they done yet?”
And then all day long, “Can we have another popsicle???”
I grow popsicle weary, yet I have to admit – I love popsicles, too. This orange dreamsicles recipe is my personal favorite. Combining fresh squeezed orange juice, raw milk or cream – or coconut milk if you’re dairy-free – plus the addition of some creamy egg yolks makes these fun treats also a super food.
I used these reusable BPA-free popsicle molds for the dreamsicles, but I also love these stainless steel popsicle molds. If you don’t feel like springing for a special popsicle mold, you could always use dixie cups and wooden popsicle sticks like these.
Orange dreamsicles ingredients
- 1 whole egg plus 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 T. raw honey – find it here
- 3 T. hydrolyzed gelatin – get (non-gelling) gelatin here
- 1 3/4 cups orange juice
- 1 cup raw milk (or cream) or coconut milk
Orange dreamsicles method
- Whisk egg and egg yolks in a large bowl.
- Add vanilla, honey, and optional hydrolyzed gelatin and continue whisking until honey is dissolved. Stir in orange juice and milk, cream, or coconut milk.
- Pour into popsicle molds, add sticks, and freeze until set (usually overnight is best).