Though I dabble with gobs and grandma’s blueberry muffins and banana bread, I am definitely not a baker. That’s why I adore recipes that you can can’t really mess up, like these fun, grain-free mug brownies.
I mean, the name alone gives away the secret that we won’t be dealing with spring pans and egg white peaks. These are single serving desserts, so you can make one or twenty – and they’re a fun treat to whip up with kids too.
One of my least favorite things about baking is the clean up, and with this recipe you can mix your ingredients right into the mug. The only dangerous thing being that this could quickly become a daily ritual of ooey-gooey brownie consumption. Ready to take a risk?
Mug brownies ingredients (per mug)
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter – I like this one
- 1 tablespoon raw honey – buy local or this one online
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves (or you can use more honey)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder – I buy this in bulk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt – my favorite
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, broken into pieces or chocolate chips – I buy these
- Vanilla ice cream (optional but definitely recommended – use this recipe to make your own)
Mug brownies method
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients directly into your oven safe mug (or use a ramekin) except for the dark chocolate pieces or chips. Combine well. Sprinkle on chocolate pieces. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Let sit 5-10 minutes before eating. Serve warm (with a scoop of this).
Want more delicious simplicity in your life?
Even for the most organized families, getting healthy and delicious dinner on the table can be such a challenge.
That’s why my hubby and I created Real Plans – our new online meal planner that will revolutionize the way you get dinner on the table.
- Stuck in a rut with the same old dinners? Our delicious, home-style recipes are kitchen-tested and family-approved.
- Got special dietary restrictions or tastes? We offer paleo, vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free plans in addition to traditional real food menus. Plus you can add and change recipes to your heart’s content.
- Family of eight or party of one… We’ve got you covered with fully customizable portion sizes.
- Dread grocery shopping? Our dynamic smart phone app makes shopping a breeze.
Plus handy bonuses like…
- A weekly timeline to help you spend the least time possible slaving away in the kitchen.
- Plan ahead options including a month’s recipes in advance, plus a double recipe each week to bank ‘fast food’ in the freezer.
Click here to subscribe to Real Plans now
Traditional, Paleo, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, and Dairy-free plans available
Our 30 day money back guarantee makes Real Plans RISK FREE!