My tomato plants have given me lovely fruit all summer long, but their season is coming to a close now. I think it’s at the end of their season that I enjoy tomatoes most – savoring their zesty sweet taste of summer in dishes like this Italian salsa.
I love to make a fresh Italian salsa for friends and family. It is such a nice change from the usual salsas and is delicious on homemade mozzarella or fried summer squash rounds, which is my favorite way to serve it. Enjoy!
Italian salsa ingredients
- 4 cups tomato, seeded & diced*
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 lose packed cups basil, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil – you can find amazing olive oil here
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon unrefined sea salt
Italian salsa method
- Seed and dice tomatoes small.
- Mince garlic and basil.
- Add all to bowl and top with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sea salt.
- Toss to combine.
- Serve right away or with 24 hours.**
*I highly suggest Roma tomatoes for this dish.
**After 24 hours, cook any leftover salsa into delicious tomato sauce.
Want more delicious simplicity in your life?
Even for the most organized families, getting healthy and delicious meals on the table can be such a challenge.
That’s why my hubby and I created Real Plans – our online meal planner that will revolutionize the way you feed your family.
- Stuck in a rut with the same old dinners? Our delicious, home-style recipes are kitchen-tested and family-approved.
- Got special dietary restrictions or tastes? We offer paleo, vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free plans in addition to traditional real food menus. Plus you can add and change recipes to your heart’s content.
- Family of eight or party of one… We’ve got you covered with fully customizable portion sizes.
- Dread grocery shopping? Our dynamic smart phone app makes shopping a breeze.
Plus handy bonuses like…
- A weekly timeline to help you spend the least time possible slaving away in the kitchen.
- Plan ahead options including a month’s recipes in advance, plus a double recipe each week to bank ‘fast food’ in the freezer.
Click here to subscribe to Real Plans now
Traditional, Paleo, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, and Dairy-free plans available
Our 30 day money back guarantee makes Real Plans RISK FREE!
This Italian Salsa recipe was generously contributed by Monica Ford of Real Food Devotee. Monica’s recipes will make your mouth water and your tummy purr. If you’re lucky enough to live in Los Angeles, Real Food Devotee can make your life easier by delivering nutrient dense goodies directly to your door.
tomato photo credit: An Eye Full Studio