While it may look like candy, this lemon coconut fudge is a power bar in disguise.
Los Angeles is a city full of celebrities and very fast-paced, career and family dedicated people. Our modern world is not very supportive of beautifully prepared meals. ‘Nourishing and Slow’ is not our mantra. This is the age of the power bar.
I have a bit of hard news to break to all of you: The world is not going to slow down any time soon. But here’s a little secret – we can adapt nourishing, slow food to a fast-forward lifestyle. So, put this better-than-a-power-bar-recipe in your current-day quiver.
Go forward. Get Real. Be Well.
Meyer Lemon Coconut Fudge Ingredients
- 2 cups coconut butter, melted – buy coconut butter here
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut oil, melted – buy coconut oil here
- 1/2 cup Raw Honey, melted – buy unrefined sweeteners here
- Zest of 2 lemons, preferably meyer lemons
- 4 – 6 drops lemon oil
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups dehydrated coconut meat, fine shred – buy coconut flakes here
Meyer Lemon Coconut Fudge Method
- Melt coconut butter, coconut oil, raw honey and combine with spatula or hands.
- Add lemon zest and lemon oil. Mix until combined.
- Add dehydrated finely shredded coconut meat and mix until there is no standing liquid coconut oil. Add more coconut meat if the mixture is too liquid. If the mixture becomes so dry that it will not hold together, add more coconut oil. The mixture should feel and look like a thick lumpy paste.
- Press into shaped molds (silicon molds are great) and put in freezer for approx 20 minutes or until hard. Pop out of molds and repeat – OR – You can also press a 1/8-1/4 inch thick layer of fudge onto a cookie sheet, freeze until hard and cut into squares with a pizza cutter – OR – just break apart for a rustic presentation.
Active Time: 15 minutes
“Lemon Coconut Fudge” was generously contributed by Monica Ford of Real Food Devotee. Monica’s delicious recipes will make your mouth water and your tummy purr. If you’re lucky enough to live in Los Angeles, Real Food Devotee can make your life easier by delivering nutrient dense goodies directly to your door.
Photo credit: An Eye Full Studio