I love to share a dinner of classic comforting favorites. It’s fun to alter these classics just slightly so that they maintain the traditional taste we all love while boosting the nutrient profile through the roof. You see, I adore feeling like a super human.
Nutrient dense meatloaf ingredients
- 1 lb grassfed ground beef – buy grassfed beef here
- 1/2 lb grassfed ground beef liver – buy grassfed beef liver here
- 1/2 lb pasture raised ground pork
- 4 eggs from pasture raised hens, beaten
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 3/4 cup organic tomato paste (try Bionaturae)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste (buy good quality sea salt here)
Nutrient dense meatloaf method
- Combine the Beef, Liver and Pork in a large mixing bowl and mix together evenly.
- Add Onion, Tomato Paste, Garlic, Parsley, Salt and Pepper to Meat Mixture and combine.
- In another bowl, beat eggs until combined and then add to Meat Mixture and combine
- Press mixture into glass bakeware and bake in oven preheated to 375° for 35 minutes covered and for the last 10 minutes uncovered (45 minutes total) or until the center of your meatloaf is done.
**Note: If you’re feeling squeamish and want to start slow with liver, try 1 lb ground beef, 3/4 lb ground pork and 1/4 lb liver.
Active Time 20 minutes
Want more delicious simplicity in your life?
Even for the most organized families, getting healthy and delicious meals on the table can be such a challenge.
That’s why my hubby and I created Real Plans – our online meal planner that will revolutionize the way you feed your family.
- Stuck in a rut with the same old dinners? Our delicious, home-style recipes are kitchen-tested and family-approved.
- Got special dietary restrictions or tastes? We offer paleo, vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free plans in addition to traditional real food menus. Plus you can add and change recipes to your heart’s content.
- Family of eight or party of one… We’ve got you covered with fully customizable portion sizes.
- Dread grocery shopping? Our dynamic smart phone app makes shopping a breeze.
Plus handy bonuses like…
- A weekly timeline to help you spend the least time possible slaving away in the kitchen.
- Plan ahead options including a month’s recipes in advance, plus a double recipe each week to bank ‘fast food’ in the freezer.
Click here to subscribe to Real Plans now
Traditional, Paleo, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, and Dairy-free plans available
Our 30 day money back guarantee makes Real Plans RISK FREE!
This post was generously contributed by Monica Ford of Real Food Devotee. Monica’s recipes will make your mouth water and your tummy purr. If you’re lucky enough to live in Los Angeles, Real Food Devotee can make your life easier by delivering nutrient dense goodies directly to your door.