I love to share a dinner of classic comforting favorites. It’s fun to alter these classics just slightly so that they maintain the traditional taste we all love while boosting the nutrient profile through the roof. You see, I adore feeling like a super human.
Nutrient Dense Meatloaf Ingredients
- 1 lb Grass-Fed Ground Beef – buy grassfed beef here
- 1/2 lb Grass-Fed Ground Beef Liver – buy grassfed beef liver here
- 1/2 lb Pasture Raised Ground Pork
- 4 Eggs from Pasture Raised Hens, Beaten
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Minced
- 3/4 Cup Organic Tomato Paste (try Bionaturae)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, Minced
- Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste (buy good quality sea salt here)
Nutrient Dense Meatloaf Method
- Combine the Beef, Liver and Pork in a large mixing bowl and mix together evenly.
- Add Onion, Tomato Paste, Garlic, Parsley, Salt and Pepper to Meat Mixture and combine.
- In another bowl, beat eggs until combined and then add to Meat Mixture and combine
- Press mixture into glass bakeware and bake in oven preheated to 375° for 35 minutes covered and for the last 10 minutes uncovered (45 minutes total) or until the center of your meatloaf is done.
**Note: If you’re feeling squeamish and want to start slow with liver, try 1 lb ground beef, 3/4 lb ground pork and 1/4 lb liver.
Active Time 20 minutes
This post was generously contributed by Monica Ford of Real Food Devotee. Check back next Friday for more delicious recipes from Monica that will make your mouth water and your tummy purr. If you’re lucky enough to live in Los Angeles, Real Food Devotee can make your life easier by delivering nutrient dense goodies directly to your door.