The holidays are coming! The holidays are coming! Yikes and yaaay!
While this recipe for luxurious homemade bath salts will guide you to create lovely homemade, health-promoting gifts, it will also soothe you when you need it most…the holidays.
I am an avid devotee of unrefined sea salt and you may choose to use a lovely unrefined, mineral rich sea salt for your salt source in this recipe. However, if you’d like to save a little cash, you might opt for Epsom Salt. A product which is priced less than most sea salt.
I so prefer the thought of soaking in organic, well-sourced oils and herbs over most store-bought scented bath salts frankenstein-ed together in a lab.
As a bonus, this bath salt recipe can become your perfect holiday gift money saver.
Did you know that mineral deficiencies are commonplace for most of us in the modern world?
This is because most of our soil and water is no longer rich with minerals. So, unless you are soaking regularly in the ocean, a boost of minerals would do your body good.
So, draw yourself a bath and enjoy this decadent homemade bath salt recipe. You deserve a treat!
Homemade Bath Salts Ingredients
- 4 lbs sea salt or epsom salt - Find high quality sea salt here or Buy Epsom Salt in Bulk here
- ¼ cup organic shredded lemongrass – like this (or substitute your choice of dried flower or herbs)
- 1 teaspoon organic lemongrass oil (or use your favorite essential oils) – Find lemongrass oil here
- 5 T olive oil – find superior quality extra virgin olive oil here
- 5, 1 pint gift jars (like these) and ribbon
Homemade Bath Salts Method
- Add salt to large bowl.
- Add lemongrass to salt and use a whisk to combine.
- Add olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time and combine with whisk.
- Add lemongrass oil and combine with whisk. Add more if you prefer a stronger scent.
- Use a screen in the drain of your tub to catch any debris
- Follow a relaxing salt bath with this beautiful whipped body butter.
Yields: 5 Pints
This post was generously contributed by Monica Ford of Real Food Devotee. Check back next Friday for more delicious recipes from Monica that will make your mouth water and your tummy purr. If you’re lucky enough to live in Los Angeles, Real Food Devotee can make your life easier by delivering nutrient dense goodies directly to your door.
Photo Credit: An Eye Full Studio
This post can be seen at the following blog carnivals: Small Footprint Friday, Simply Natural Saturdays, Simple Lives Thursday, Healthy 2Day Wednesdays and Make Your Own! Monday. Hop on over to check out some other posts you may enjoy!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. These small earnings make it possible for me to continue writing this blog for you. That said, I will never endorse any product or service that I cannot fully support.