My name is Monica and I am a recovering Chicken Nugget Fiend. Yes, as a youngster, I happily bounced through the golden arches for the delicious morsels. Now that I’ve peered behind the scenes of that culinary process….EEEEEEKS!!! Let’s make our own delicious and nutritious homemade chicken nuggets instead.
These are fantastically fun snacks for the kids and serving these with yummy dipping sauces really takes me back! Check out this homemade BBQ sauce – I think you’ll love it.
Homemade chicken nuggets ingredients
- 2 lbs chicken breast*
- 2-3 eggs**
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons Pecorino Romano
- 2 tablespoons chopped dehydrated onions
- 1 ½ teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
Homemade chicken nuggets method
- Chop chicken into 2 inch nuggets.
- Using a whisk or fork to mix blanched almond flour and all spices in one bowl.
- Beat eggs in another bowl.
- Submerge a each chicken nugget in egg wash and then dredge in almond flour spice mixture.
- Carefully lay each nugget on a parchment lined baking sheet. Do not crowd.
- Bake in oven preheated to 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
*You may also use dark meat but I find breast meat gives you the classic chicken nuggets to perfection.
**If you have extra egg whites around, this is a great place to use them.
Want more delicious simplicity in your life?
Even for the most organized families, getting healthy and delicious meals on the table can be such a challenge.
That’s why my hubby and I created Real Plans – our online meal planner that will revolutionize the way you feed your family.
- Stuck in a rut with the same old dinners? Our delicious, home-style recipes are kitchen-tested and family-approved.
- Got special dietary restrictions or tastes? We offer paleo, vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free plans in addition to traditional real food menus. Plus you can add and change recipes to your heart’s content.
- Family of eight or party of one… We’ve got you covered with fully customizable portion sizes.
- Dread grocery shopping? Our dynamic smart phone app makes shopping a breeze.
Plus handy bonuses like…
- A weekly timeline to help you spend the least time possible slaving away in the kitchen.
- Plan ahead options including a month’s recipes in advance, plus a double recipe each week to bank ‘fast food’ in the freezer.
Click here to subscribe to Real Plans now
Traditional, Paleo, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, and Dairy-free plans available
Our 30 day money back guarantee makes Real Plans RISK FREE!
This post was generously contributed by Monica Ford of Real Food Devotee. If you’re lucky enough to live in Los Angeles, Real Food Devotee can make your life easier by delivering nutrient dense goodies directly to your door.
photo credit: An Eye Full Studio