Do you enjoy dragging your feet and fending off a headache the day following cocktails with friends? Do you revel in a full-body-film of regret and self-loathing? Do you love hangovers? If your answer is yes, do not read any further!
I don't know about you but, I don't have time for hangovers. And guess what? I have a choice and so do you. We can enjoy a delicious margarita on a warm afternoon with family and friends and not skip a beat the next day. How, you ask? Drink your liquor with a raw, naturally fermented bevi. In this cocktail recipe, I use kombucha.
Alcohol, a much-loved pollutant encourages the formation of acid in the body, depletes B-Complex vitamins and lowers the body's pH. Kombucha has a detoxifying effect, contains B vitamins and is reported to help correct the body's acid pH.
If you do not make your own kombucha, pick some up at your favorite healthy food supplier and enjoy your celebration with a refreshing, Real Kombucha Cocktail. Happy Cinco de Mayo!
- 1 3/4 cups tequila*
- 1 1/2 cup plain kombucha
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey*
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice (optional kick)
- 2 tablespoons Celtic sea salt (avoid fine ground)
- 4 lime rounds to garnish glasses
- 2 lime wedges
- Before mixing up a pitcher of this lovely elixir, run a wedge of lime around the rim of your glasses. Gently press the glass rim down on a plate of Celtic sea salt.
- Fill the glasses with ice. Put them on a tray and into the freezer to chill until ready to serve.
- Dissolve the honey in lime juice with a whisk or spoon.
- Add tequila, kombucha, and optional ginger juice.
- Pour into chilled glasses and don the rim with a lime round.
- Sit back and have a belly laugh with friends.
- I like 4 Copas 100% Organic Tequila Blanco
- I like white gold honey for this because it does not have an overpowering “honey” taste. Just a lovely sweetness.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
This post was generously contributed by Monica Ford of Real Food Devotee. Monica's recipes will make your mouth water and your tummy purr. If you're lucky enough to live in Los Angeles, Real Food Devotee can make your life easier by delivering nutrient dense goodies directly to your door.