Do you enjoy dragging your feet and fending off a headache the day following cocktails with friends? Do you revel in a full-body-film of regret and self loathing? Do you love hangovers? If your answer is yes, do not read any further!
I don’t know about you but, I don’t have time for hangovers. And guess what? I have a choice and so do you. We can enjoy a delicious margarita on a warm afternoon with family and friends and not skip a beat the next day. How you ask? Drink your liquor with a raw, naturally fermented bevi. In this cocktail recipe, I use kombucha.
Alcohol, a much loved pollutant encourages the formation of acid in the body, depletes B-Complex vitamins and lowers the body’s pH. Kombucha has a detoxifying effect, contains B vitamins and is reported to help correct the body’s acid pH.
If you do not make your own kombucha, pick some up at your favorite healthy food suplier and enjoy your celebration with a refreshing, Real Kombucha Cocktail. Happy Cinco de Mayo!
- 1 3/4 cups tequila*
- 1 1/2 cup plain kombucha – buy kombucha cultures here
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey* – buy unrefined sweeteners here
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice (optional kick)
- 2 tablespoons Celtic sea salt (avoid fine ground) – buy high quality sea salt here
- 4 lime rounds to garnish glasses
- 2 lime wedges
- Before mixing up a pitcher of this lovely elixer, run a wedge of lime around the rim of your glasses. Gently press the glass rim down on a plate of Celtic sea salt.
- Fill the glasses with ice. Put them on a tray and into the freezer to chill until ready to serve.
- Dissolve the honey in lime juice with a wisk or spoon.
- Add tequila, kombucha and optional ginger juice.
- Pour into chilled glasses and don the rim with a lime round.
- Sit back and have a belly laugh with friends.
- I like 4 Copas 100% Organic Tequila Blanco
- I like White Gold Honey for this because it does not have an over powering “honey” taste. Just a lovely sweetness.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Want more delicious simplicity in your life?
Even for the most organized families, getting healthy and delicious meals on the table can be such a challenge.
That’s why my hubby and I created Real Plans – our online meal planner that will revolutionize the way you feed your family.
- Stuck in a rut with the same old dinners? Our delicious, home-style recipes are kitchen-tested and family-approved.
- Got special dietary restrictions or tastes? We offer paleo, vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free plans in addition to traditional real food menus. Plus you can add and change recipes to your heart’s content.
- Family of eight or party of one… We’ve got you covered with fully customizable portion sizes.
- Dread grocery shopping? Our dynamic smart phone app makes shopping a breeze.
Plus handy bonuses like…
- A weekly timeline to help you spend the least time possible slaving away in the kitchen.
- Plan ahead options including a month’s recipes in advance, plus a double recipe each week to bank ‘fast food’ in the freezer.
Click here to subscribe to Real Plans now
Traditional, Paleo, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, and Dairy-free plans available
Our 30 day money back guarantee makes Real Plans RISK FREE!
This post was generously contributed by Monica Ford of Real Food Devotee. Monica’s recipes will make your mouth water and your tummy purr. If you’re lucky enough to live in Los Angeles, Real Food Devotee can make your life easier by delivering nutrient dense goodies directly to your door.
Photo credit: An Eye Full Studio